Ahead of the 2025 pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) on Monday announced the final fare expected of Nigerian intending pilgrims.
NAHCON Chairman Professor Abdullahi Saleh Usman on Monday said the final Hajj fare sequel to approval from the Office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
According to NAHCON, intending pilgrims from Southern states are expected to pay N8,784, 085.59 while their counterparts from the Northern part will pay N8, 457,685.59.
Similarly, intending pilgrims from Borno and Adamawa states are billed to pay N8,327,125.59. The differential in the charges is based on nautical mile differences between the zones and destination.
Although the commission has yet to announce the benchmark of foreign exchange rates used to benchmark the final figures, the 2025 fare indicated a slight increase compared to the amount charged in 2024.
For instance, in 2024, pilgrims from the South paid N8, 454,464.74 indicating an increase of N329, 620.59 (3.9%) in 2025 fare. Also, pilgrims from the Northern zone are expected to pay an additional N203,220.85 (2.46%) for 2025 hajj compared to N8, 254,464.74 paid last year.
Adamawa and Borno pilgrims will also pay the increased fare of N101,660.85 (1.23%) this year compared to N8,225,464.74, the amount paid during the 2024 exercise.
According to the release by Fatima Usara, Assistant Director, the modest effort on the fare was reached after extensive consultations by high-power delegations from the presidency, state and other critical stakeholders.
The statement said further details and breakdown of the fare, including the Basic Travel Allowance BTA, will be announced soon.